Translate

4.23.2012

Pretty vs. Beautiful


I've been thinking a lot lately. Maybe because I've had some extra time on my hands with my friend being gone.  It crosses my mind that some people are just pretty and other people are truly beautiful.

I used to think all my friends were beautiful people. I was wrong. Some of my friends are beautiful, some are just pretty.What's the difference? Pretty doesn't smile back when you're having a bad day, beauty does. It's skin deep and it's a quality not a physical attribute. You can feel someone's beauty, you can only see someone's pretty. 

This brings me to my biggest point. 
Why are some of the prettiest girls ugly? This really bothers me. Perception is huge, but I am getting so tired of seeing these gorgeous girls walk around like everyone should worship the ground they walk on. No one  is meant to be your peon. Good looking people don't deserve any more than others. Everyone should be equal and that's why I felt like I needed to write this.

I cannot express the amount of disgust I feel when I see gorgeous girls acting like this. It only makes you unattractive and ugly. It makes me gag seeing you put down others, sitting on your high horse expecting people to drop at your feet really isn't attractive. Let it go, move on with your life and be happy! 

The most beautiful people are those that care about others, live life to the fullest and are genuinely positive. 

Take a minute today to comprehend all of this. Are you beautiful? or just another pretty face?
Do you do random acts of kindness, experience good karma, and think positively? Or do you expect people to do things for you, put down others, and only care about yourself? 
Chances are, we are all a little bit of both, but if we could all be just a tad more beautiful, our lives would be enriched forever. 

Happy Monday my Beautiful people!

<3 Jessica

9 comments:

  1. great post hun! totally agree with it!
    some girls can be pretty on the outside but how the are as a person is what defines them as beautiful or not!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I both have seen some pretty not-beautiful girls in our day!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. I agree. Beauty comes from within and when you don't have it inside, your just another pretty person. But, being beautiful takes something more special!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. Living in L.A., I see a lot of pretty, entitled women. It's hard to stomach sometimes. The truth is that looks eventually fade. I think kindness is what makes a person truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks really do fade, and those girls are not all they're crack up to be once the looks are gone!

      Delete
  4. I love this post! There is such a difference between the two :) happy you pointed it out in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post just keep getting better!!! I have said this a million times. I will take beautiful over sexy or pretty any day. I have seen so many gorgeous women who are just down right ugly. Its sad. Humble your self please!! But happy monday to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!
I truly love reading each and every one of your comments :)